Real Bad News

Zombies in Call of Duty: Black Ops

Treyarch, makers of the soon-to-be-released Call of Duty: Black Ops first person shooter game, has confirmed that there will be zombies to be fought when COD7 hits the stands in November 2010.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is the seventh installment in the hugely popular series and is set during theCold-War era.  This time, however, a heavy emphasis will be put on storyline and Cold-War era military coverops.

According to Conceptnews.com, the zombies were “originally packaged as content in Call of Duty: World at War” but that the “zombie mode in the game was so popular amongst players that ‘Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies‘ was developed for the iPhone.  In this game play mode, players fought off an endless onslaught of Nazi zombie intruders while simultaneously trying to repair windows to the safe house that kept the undead out.”

We’re all left wondering how different the new game will be from the old content?  According to Mark Lamia at Treyarch, “Zombies have been such a hit with our community that we were committed to bringing brand new zombie experiences to Call of Duty: Black Ops…

We can’t wait to find out…and kill the zombies.  You may be asking, “Why is this bad news?”  The only answer we can find is that we’ll all run the risk of becomming gamer zombies ourselves once the game is out.

call-of-duty-black-ops-zombie-mode-returns

Fabled ‘Zombie Baby’ Might Be Real

What’s red, green & covered in ribbons?

A zombie baby playing with your intestines!

(Don’t worry, 8DI didn’t make that up.  Our zombie baby jokes are too XXX.)

Right. Check out this associated press story…and if you live in New England, keep alert for the playful pitter-patter of tiny feet.

Associated Press – May 4, 2010 3:15 PM ET

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) – New Hampshire police say a mummified body of a baby that was kept by a family for years before a judge ordered the remains to be buried has been removed from a cemetery.

Concord police said Tuesday the corpse of “Baby John,” which had been buried at an unmarked grave at a Concord cemetery in 2008, has not been recovered. They say a visitor to the cemetery on Monday reported that a grave appeared to have been unearthed.

A lawyer for Charles Peavey, who last kept the mummified body, considered a family heirloom, says police searched Peavey’s house on Monday. He says Peavey denies disturbing the gravesite.

Disturbance of a burial site and abuse of a corpse are felonies.